Russell Leneham is:
- a Director of Quinn & Scattini Lawyers,
- Team Leader of our Wills & Estates Team, and
- an Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates – one of Queensland’s very few accredited specialists in the area of inheritance law.
Russell was admitted as a solicitor in November 1988.After several years practising as a solicitor at Upper Mt Gravatt and then Beenleigh, Russell joined Q&S in April 2002. Russell’s broad range of legal experience includes:
- personal injuries,
- criminal law,
- family law,
- administrative law,
- business law,
- debt recovery,
- employment law,
- powers of attorney,
- deceased estates, and
- suing lawyers and others for professional negligence [see for example Russell’s case of Littler v Price, which was successful in the District Court (see link), the Court of Appeal (see link) and the High Court (see link)].
From that diverse background Russell now specialises in probate and estate administration, estate planning (such as wills and powers of attorney), and his area of special interest – estate litigation.
Russell represents clients in matters such as:
- challenging the validity of a will,
- challenging unfair provisions in a will,
- contesting paternity of beneficiaries of an estate,
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal – guardianship and administration applications, and
Russell, and the team of lawyers under his supervision, have in recent years conducted the following estate cases that are on the public record in the Supreme Court of Queensland:
- obtained an order for $900,000 plus costs,
- successfully proved a copy of a handwritten will that Quinn & Scattini found among hospital records,
- obtained favourable costs orders against the plaintiffs and the estate, and
- in the same case, successfully defended the plaintiffs’ appeal.
Russell and his team conducted all of the above cases (and many others, most of which are successfully settled out of court) on a “no win, no fee” basis.