Attention employers and employees.
The Government are extending JobKeeper until March 2021.
The payments will be reduced from $1,200 per fortnight from 28 September 2020.
A new two-tiered payment approach will also be introduced – and it is harder to qualify for than the previous criteria.
The current $1,500 scheme will be in place until 27 September 2020.
Part-time employees will receive $750 per fortnight, commencing September 2020.
Are you a casual employee?
The part-time rate is now going to be offered to casual employees.
Do you operate a business?
From 28 September 2020, companies will need to re-qualify for JobKeeper and provide evidence the business has experienced a 30% or more reduction on turnover.
JobKeeper – The Changes
- $1,500 paid fortnightly to eligible Australians
- 960,000 business with 3.5 million employees covered
- Over $30 billion paid out
28 September 2020
- 2-tier approach begins (based on pre-COVID-19 hours)
- $1,200 per fortnight for workers on 20 hours or more
- $750 per fortnight for workers on less than 20 hours
4 January 2021
- Top tier payment reduced from $1,200 to $1,000
- Second tier payment reduced from $750 to $650
JobSeeker – The Changes
4 August 2020
- Mutual obligation requirements resume
- 4 jobs searches per month required
- Penalties apply for not taking offered job
28 September 2020
- Coronavirus supplement reduced from $550 to $250
- Payment to continue until at least December 2020
- You can earn up to $300 per fortnight
How We Can Help
Our team of lawyers are experts in their field and go above-and-beyond to deliver the best result, each and every time.
We are proud to provide 5 star customer service to our clients.
As one of our clients said “Invest in the best – Q&S“.